The key of Divine Healing is always by faith:
Matt. 8:13, 9:29b, 15:28, (Matt 9:22, Mark 5:34, Luke 8:45-48 same occasion) (Matt. 17:14-21, Mark 9:14-29, Luke 9:37-43 same occasion) (Mark 10,52, Luke 18:42-43 same occasion) Luke 8:50, 17:6, 11-19, John 11:40, Acts 3:16, 14:8-10, Gal. 3:5, James 5:15). However, you can divide faith for healing into two basic truths to make it easier.
1. Understanding/Knowledge – Faith is effectual by acknowledging who you are in Christ; “That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.” Philemon 1:6.
Understanding who you are in Christ in the area of healing can be acknowledged by:
• Faith in His Name (Mark 9:38-39, 16:17-18, Luke 10:17, Acts 3:16).
• Healing in the atonement (Jes. 53:4, Matt. 8:16).
• Your God given authority (Luke 10:1, 9, 17-19, John 20:21-22).
• Your spiritual position as a son (Eph. 1:20-23).
The list goes on. It doesn’t really matter what knowledge you have, but an awareness in your heart that you have the power to perform healing and miracles.
2. Exercise authority – When you have this understanding then it`s only a matter to start using and exercise your God given authority – put it in action! A good example of this is the story of the Roman centurion.
The Roman Centurion
5 And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,
6 And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
12 But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
13 And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour. Matthew 8:5-13
1) Understood that Jesus had the authority over sickness and disease.
2) Now It was only for Jesus to use and exercise His authority and His higher position He had over the illness. Jesus confirmed the Centurions understanding of these two basic truths by referring to have great faith.
But this was Jesus and not us, that’s right! But He has delegated the same authority that He Himself had over sickness and demonic forces to us who believe in Him (Matt.10:8, Mark 16:15-20 Luke 10:1, 9, 17-19, John 20:21-22, Act. 3:16, Eph. 1:20-23).
Understanding,and using your authority in Christ, are the fundamental keys of divine healing.